Friday, February 27, 2015

A few days left of the diet.

I haven't posted in a while because I was having password trouble, so I'm finally back. :-) 

Cooking has gotten a bit easier, but I do eat many of the same dishes repeatedly. I still struggle with fatigue, weakness and tingly in my legs and arms, but many of my GI issues have gotten better. I also noticed my face didn't break out as much during my cycle this month. 

The most fun part of this diet has been trying new foods and eating more fruit and vegetables.  Eliminating sugar really does bring out the sweetness in other food, like rice and herbal tea. ( I have discovered that I LOVE❤️❤️❤️ herbal teas!)

I finally ordered ghee from Amazon and it is so YUMMY! I've been cooking with it, but also added it to a baked potato, rice, and topped a rice cake with it. (I was going to put a link for it here, but it didn't work.)

Some of my new favorite foods are sautéed mushrooms, onions, and spinach.  So good! I also really enjoy roasting veggies with garlic, sea salt, ginger, and black pepper (whatever you want really) and you get a sweet and savory dish. I hear thyme is good so I'm thinking of adding to something today.  DH and I also found that adding some canned tuna (be careful which kind you buy, look for tuna that doesn't have soy) to stir fry gives it a really good taste and it changes it up from having chicken all the time. 

One item that has made things easier is this kitchen cart. Our kitchen is so small that this cart nearly doubles our kitchen counter space. It has two shelves and a drawer too. It didn't stay empty for long. 😊
(I actually spent so much time here a couple of days ago that my muscles are still sore from all the chopping!)

I mentioned there are only a few days left of the diet, but that really depends on a choice my DH and I need to make. If I only do the elimination part of the diet for four weeks, my last day should be tomorrow (our anniversary), but I haven't been able to consult with my doctor so I'm not sure if I should begin adding foods back into my diet Tuesday, or continue with the elimination part until I hear from her. (I do have to remain strictly gluten free for at least six months to see if that is what is causing some of my symptoms.) 

If I choose to begin adding things back into my diet, what do I begin with? I don't know! I wish I had more guidance. Unfortunately, even though my DH and I were both impressed with this doctor after my appointment, we have not been impressed with her lack of follow-up. She's the only functional medicine doc our insurance will cover, so we're kind of stuck. 

What would you do in my place?

No comments:

Post a Comment