Sunday, February 8, 2015

Diet day 7

I had planned on blogging more often about how all of this is going, and life decided to get in the way. Last week we had three different family members struggle with a stomach bug that meant Momma was needed to comfort and blogging went out the window. We also had appointments for our kids that kept me away. Anyway, I hope to do a better job this week of keeping my handwritten journal and my blog up to date.

Seven days into the diet and I haven't really seen a difference. I'm still struggling with fatigue and weak legs, I've had some pretty bad headaches off and on, and I'm still having mood swings and GI issues. I know it can take a while to see a difference, but I must admit that I was hoping for something to show improvement by now. 

I do need to weigh myself so I can see how my weight changes as I go through the diet. I doubt my weight has changed very much, but it will be interesting to see if it changes over time and by how much. 

I have gone through some rough times with eating basically the same things each day. I would like to try something different but with the limited ingredients and our small kitchen it makes it difficult. Even with cutting up the vegetables last weekend it's been a bit more difficult and tiresome than I anticipated. I do like the fact that I'm eating healthier, and I'm hopeful that I will see positive results. 

I want to end this blog with my motivation for this diet. For the past four years I went from an active mom to someone who can't take the kids to the park, library, or on field trips without a second adult. I can't physically do all the things that I want to do with my kids, so my motivation for this diet is to become healthy so I can be the mom my kids deserve. So, I'm writing this blog post to be my encouragement for the next week to keep going no matter how difficult it is and even when I really want a granola bar or cookie. My health an being a more active mom is worth more than something sweet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment