Monday, February 2, 2015

The first day of the comprehensive elimination diet

AUnfortunately, the day didn't start out so well. DH and I were rudely woken by our dear Nugget who got sick in the bed. (Poor baby) He was better very quickly, and was way too awake to back to sleep. I couldn't go back to sleep for fear of him becoming sick again, so I watched the news as the minutes ticked to hours. 

Eventually, he did fall asleep...on me. So when breakfast time rolled around, I had to skip it because convenient foods like cereal are NOT a part of this diet. I didn't get smoothies made the night before, so without being able to go to the kitchen and fix myself something, I simply had to go without. After a while I remembered that my DH bought rice cakes and SuperBoy could bring me one of those. So that was breakfast and my late morning snack too. 

Nugget did wake up and was back to his two year old self (being a stinker) until about one. Of course, that's when it dawned on me that I hadn't eaten lunch yet and that Nugget had fallen asleep on me again! Salad with mushrooms to the rescue (and another two rice cakes). 

Soon things were back to normal and I worked on washing dishes so I could make dinner (salmon filets, quinoa pilaf (something new), grilled yellow bell pepper, and my DH's own creation, avomato salad). It's was super yummy!

After supper we normally would take the girls to Handmaidens, but since Nugget had been sick, we felt it was in everyone's best interest to stay home. So the girls and I made smoothies instead! They turned out pretty tasty! They're excited to make some more for everyone in the morning. 😊

I'm feeling pretty good this evening, but had very little energy this morning. Hopefully tonight we'll get a full night's sleep and be ready for day two. 

No comments:

Post a Comment