Friday, June 12, 2015

About disappointment

Disappointment is a good word to describe my trial with the elimination diet. I know others have had great success with the diet and felt their bodies "reboot" and become like new. Well, that's not the result I had. I do feel better, I have more energy and can walk better. I rarely have to use my braces and it has been months since I needed the wheelchair. Matter of fact, I rarely use a motorized cart when grocery shopping (although that is due to my children's needs and not just mine). Even though these are WONDERFUL benefits, I'm still not able to do the things I really want to do.

I still want to be able to take my kids to the park and play with them. I'd love to be able to run with them and work in the garden even though it's hot outside. I want to go on nature hikes, roller skate, ride bikes, etcetera. It's difficult for me to not feel disappointed at another failure in both finding a diagnosis and getting my body to where it should be for a 36 year old mom. I'm working on being happy and feeling blessed with the results I did receive, but it is definitely a struggle for me. I feel like I'm letting my kids down and my husband down. 

For this reason (and some other trials our family currently has) our Scripture to learn this summer gives hope and promise for renewal.

Isaiah 40:31

“But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.”

-Inspired Version

No comments:

Post a Comment