Tuesday, March 10, 2015

How many more weeks?!?!

My doctor called yesterday!!!! She told me that she went to a conference this past weekend where they recommended people with numerous symptoms (like me) stay on the elimination part of the diet for eight weeks. (Sigh) Eight weeks!?!? I know the idea is for me to get better, but this diet has been a bear. Even when you start to add things back into your diet, you only do it one food at a time for three days. Depending on how my body reacts to the "new" food I can make it a part of my regular diet or take it out completely. Since I have already completed five weeks of the elimination part, I only have three more weeks to go.  When I think of it that way, three weeks doesn't seem that bad.

Because my doctor thinks I have a gluten intolerance, I won't try to add that back into my diet for at least six months. Hopefully, after six months of being gluten free, my weakness, numbness, and fatigue will be gone. If it comes back when I eat gluten, we'll know that gluten was the culprit of my symptoms. If not, I can try to eat wheat and gluten again.

To make things a bit more interesting, I found out yesterday as I was making lunch that our glass stove top is chipped and cracked.  
Due the chips and cracking, we shouldn't use the stove top because we could get shocked or it could cause a short. :-/ So now we can only cook with the oven and microwave. We do have a plug in grill I can try, but for liquids (like soup) that's not going to work so well. So now I'm on the hunt for a replacement glass stove top. If you know where we might be able to purchase one without breaking the bank, I'd appreciate your tips.

Also, if you have any tips for "clean" food using a grill, oven, and/or microwave; I'll take those ideas too.

I don't usually share a Scripture on my blog posts (a habit I should probably begin), but today; I woke up very fatigued and weak. This Scripture showed up on my Facebook feed, and I felt I should claim this promise today. It's a good promise for all of us.

Isaiah 40:31 "But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint."
 




1 comment:

  1. A friend of mine just reminded me that we have slow cookers! YAY! Silly me forgot to mention those. Slow cookers are great!

    ReplyDelete